The best thing a person can volunteer is time.
Volunteers are vital to the mission of Life’s WORC by providing important assistance to our staff and the people we support. A rewarding personal experience, volunteering at our nonprofit agency can be professionally enlightening as well, providing unique opportunities to work with leading professionals in the field of developmental disabilities and autism.
How can I help?
There are a variety of opportunities available to volunteers age 16 and older in our Garden City, Deer Park and Bay Shore locations, including:
- Assisting with reception.
- Helping promote social interactions among the participants.
- Helping with the setup and cleanup of art projects.
- Sharing special musical or artistic talents.
- Traveling with staff and program participants on local field trips.
- Administrative duties.
Do you want to share your skills with us? Come to our Volunteer Orientation on Friday, August 19th, from 10am until Noon at our Garden City office, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please click here: Volunteer Orientation August 2016
What do I need to do to volunteer?
- Complete a two-step PPD/TB screening test.
- Attend an informational volunteer orientation.
If you think you’d like to give back and become a Life’s WORC volunteer, then contact Roseann Gertler, our Assistant Director of HR for Recruitment by emailing her, email@example.com.