The Registered Nurse reports directly to a Director of Nursing. Responsible for providing health services to individuals in an IRA setting.
- Three years experience as a Registered Nurse. Experience in the ID/DD preferred.
- Valid New York State Registered Nurse’s License.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Valid NYS driver’s license.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide nursing care and treatment for emergency and minor malady relief. This includes but is not limited to performing assessments, first aid treatment, changing dressings and administering medications.
- Collaborates with all health care professionals, pharmacies, labs and hospitals and coordinates care to ensure all health care needs of the individuals are met.
- Attends pertinent medical and psychiatric appointments to advocate for the individuals to ensure appropriate treatment plans.
- Follows up on all treatment recommendations in a timely manner.
- Ensures all medical and psychiatric treatment plans are compliant with current Standards of Care and State Regulations.
- Check monthly medication order for accuracy and monitor for adequate supply of medication in the residence at all times.
- Verifies each newly prescribed medication and ensures that they are filled in a timely manner. Ensures fiscal responsibility around medication ordering.
- Train and certify AMAP staff on medication administration as per State Regulations and best practice. Provide AMAP supervisory feedback as per Life’s WORC Policy and Procedures.
- Communicate with families regarding medical issues, as necessary.
- Provide 24 hour telephone triage on call services, weekdays (carrying cell phone) and appropriately notify the RN Program Director in the event of emergencies. Responds to emergencies by assessing situations and directing intervention. Provide 24 hour weekend telephone triage on call services in the event of the weekend Telephone Triage RN consultant vacancy.
- Provide nursing coverage to residences during assigned RN’s PTO. Coverage to include on call telephone triage and site visits.
- Obtain and maintain medical histories and records to assure continuity of each Individual’s medical history in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Participate as a member of program planning process (attends and participates in ISP meetings).
- Develop annual written Nursing Plan of Care, health and physical development, PCP and goal plans for each individual plus updates as needed. Provide staff training in a timely manner and ensure understanding all Plans of Care.
- Assist in interview process of candidates for medical support counselor position.
To apply, email us your resume. Not the right job for you? Join our Talent Network and we’ll notify you when positions that suit your needs and talents become available. To find out more about Life’s WORC, contact us.