The best thing a person can volunteer is time.
Volunteers are vital to the mission of Life’s WORC by providing important assistance to our staff and the people we support. A rewarding personal experience, volunteering at our nonprofit agency can be professionally enlightening as well, providing unique opportunities to work with leading professionals in the field of developmental disabilities and autism.
How can I help?
There are a variety of opportunities available to volunteers age 16 and older in our Garden City, Deer Park and Bay Shore locations, including:
- Assisting with reception.
- Helping promote social interactions among the participants.
- Helping with the setup and cleanup of art projects.
- Sharing special musical or artistic talents.
- Traveling with staff and program participants on local field trips.
- Administrative duties.
What do I need to do to volunteer?
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Attend an informational volunteer orientation
- Commit to six months of active volunteering
If you think you’d like to give back and become a Life’s WORC volunteer, then contact Rosalyn Estrada, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.