Customized Employment Job Coach
Responsible for providing direct support and assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities during and relating to their employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate’s Degree in Human Services field or equivalent credits preferred
- Minimum 6 months experience working with persons with developmental disabilities or in another health related field
- Excellent communication, written skills, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Valid NYS driver’s license preferred and vehicle in good driving condition
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for fulfilling Life’s WORC core values, and ensuring for person-centered approach to Customized Employment.
- Provide protective oversight for individuals at their job location.
- Assist individuals on a one-to-one basis to achieve employment related goals, per employer’s specifications, showing progression at the job site and improvement through SEMP Habilitation plan.
- Assist individuals with travel training supports if/when necessary and ability to transport self and individuals to multiple locations.
- Serve as liaison between employers, individual, family, and agency, while maintaining professional, positive relationship with employer.
- Report and maintain communication with supervisor, providing updates and progress as required and submitted timely.
- Flexibility in scheduling of work hours, location, and changes of the individual’s job tasks
- Assisting in implementation of PCP protocol.
- Successful training and completion of CPR, SCIP and additional training as recommended.
- May be assigned job development, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To apply, email us your resume. Not the right job for you? Join our Talent Network and we’ll notify you when positions that suit your needs and talents become available. To find out more about Life’s WORC, contact us.